• Guests may participate in all aspects of windjamming, including hoisting sails, taking a turn at the wheel, navigating, or helping out in the galley if they choose.
• “Schooner-cooked” meals are served family style. Menu items include fresh seafood, roasts, garden salads, chowder and homemade breads and desserts. A lobster bake on a Maine island is featured on every six-day trip and on most shorter cruises.
• Accommodations are simple, consisting of single, double and triple cabins, all with comfortable mattresses, fresh linens and plenty of warm blankets. All of the vessels offer hot showers.
• Seasickness is rarely a problem, due to the easy motion of the vessels and the protected waters they cruise.
• All vessels undergo rigorous U.S. Coast Guard inspections and carry ship-to-shore radios and other electronic navigational devices.